incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject FtpServer mentor/commiter shortage
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 19:33:17 GMT
Hey,

over at FtpServer we have a issue with the lack of mentors/commiters.
Currently, there is only one active commiter (me) and no active mentors.
This causes some issues with the project. As a way of promoting the
project and possibly get more people interested in contributing, it's my
belief that we need to get a series of milestone releases out (much like
most other incubating projects). That way, it's easier for our users to
actually start using FtpServer and for us to start writing on how to use
it easily. However, the lack of active commiters means that we haven't
even been able to complete the voting process for Milestone 1 due to
lack of responses [1][2]. The vote has been going for more than one month.

I'm not sure what would be the best way forward and would like to ask
for assistance from the Incubator. As one possible route, I would be
very happy if we would be able to get some new volunteers for mentoring
the project.

/niklas

[1] Start of voting
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.ftpserver.devel/487