incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FtpServer mentor/commiter shortage
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 17:40:52 GMT
Hi,

> > On Wednesday 04 April 2007 03:33, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> >> Currently, there is only one active commiter (me) and no active mentors.
> >> This causes some issues with the project. As a way of promoting the
> >> project and possibly get more people interested in contributing, it's my
> >> belief that we need to get a series of milestone releases out (much like
> >> most other incubating projects).

> On 4/4/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> I strongly think that Tomcat is your best ally here - in the same way that
> Apache mod_ftp provides something more interesting than 'just ftp', the
> Tomcat project might find ftp services useful.  An ftp connector to tomcat
> (for which you have all the code already done, if not quite in a connector
> API at this time) would be very interesting.

Niklas, speaking with my Tomcat hat on, you're definitely welcome to
join the dev@tomcat.a.o mailing list and bounce your thoughts off the
Tomcat team.  I'm not sure if any existing committers would be
particularly interested, but you might at least get some constructive
discussions around your ideas.  We've been adding more connectors
(heck, we've got like four connectors just for HTTP/1.1 already), so
if you've got an FTP connector that fits the Tomcat Connector API,
that could be sweet.

Yoav