incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <>
Subject RE: [vote] Propose OpenEJB for graduation to a TLP
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 08:10:35 GMT
David Blevins wrote:

> We could use "Scalable, transactional, and multi-user
> secure architecture for the development and deployment
> of component-based business applications"

How would that differ from River or WS (various WS-* specs cover
transactions and security)?

> Generally, I think it's good to use words that describe EJB then the
> words Enterprise JavaBeans specifically.  Primarily because I think
> it's good to be able to innovate in the space and not limit ourselves
> to the ideas approved by the EJB JSR Expert Group.

Isn't the point of OpenEJB to implement the EJB Spec?  I understand that
"it's very much in the nature of the project to go beyond EJB and test the
limits of what it means to write enterprise applications in any way we can
possibly imagine", but that feels a bit fuzzy.  Perhaps it doesn't matter,
but ... <<shrug>>

	--- Noel

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: