incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Mentors and members (was: Re: Mentors On IPMC [WAS Re: [Vote] RCFproposal (was: [Proposal] RCF - a rich component library for JSF)])
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 02:46:58 GMT
Ted Husted wrote:

> As I understand it, once the proposal is accepted, the Mentors listed
> on the proposal become IPMC members. Once the proposal is accepted,
> and the group becomes a podling, then, yes, all Mentors and IPMC
> Members.

The Mentors being listed is interesting, but we had better be voting on PMC
members separately.  As contrasted with a single vote for the Committer and
PPMC roster, if someone listed is not a PMC member, and not an ASF Member, I
don't think that conflating those two votes is a good idea.  In fact, I'd
say that it is a bad idea.

> As to a podling proposal, I would suggest that we expect all Mentors
> be ASF Members or IPMC Members. If someone would like to be a Mentor
> but is not already a ASF Member, we could always elect that person to
> the IPMC first, and then accept the proposal.

+1

	--- Noel