incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Mentors and members (was: Re: Mentors On IPMC [WAS Re: [Vote] RCFproposal (was: [Proposal] RCF - a rich component library for JSF)])
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2007 16:51:37 GMT
I see that I've already commented on this thread without replying.  ;-)  To
continue, a Mentor is a member of the Incubator PMC "who will guide the
Candidate through the Incubation Process."  Key point being an Incubator PMC
Member.  If I recall correctly, the reason for the "at least one" clause was
because a small minority objected to non-ASF Members.  I'm sure that the
discussions are archived.

The rest is a question regarding PMC membership.  We've had non-ASF Members
elected as Incubator PMC Members, and any ASF Member is entitled to
Incubator PMC Membership.

	--- Noel