incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Apache Juice - Incubation
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:13:06 GMT
In the past year and a half, one person was voted on as a Committer, and
little seems to be happening.

Is it time to archive this project?

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Davanum Srinivas [mailto:davanum@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 13:41
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Cc: security-dev@xml.apache.org; wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Apache Juice - Incubation

Dear Incubator folks,

Apache Juice was been stalled for some time because of 1 legal issue
on our side, namely the CLA from U of Memphis[1]. This was ok'ed by
legal after quite a delay, but the project lost steam.   AFAIK, all
the legal requirements are taken care of now.

There has been some discussions on security-dev and wss4j-dev [2]. We
want to explore merging juice with existing projects namely Apache XML
Security to carry on the work. Is this a valid option for us? Thoughts
please. Also what do we need in terms of process to import the code to
xml-security SVN and drop juice as a separate project.

thanks,
dims

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xml-juice-dev/200407.mbox/%3C40FBB0