incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Propose OpenEJB for graduation to a TLP
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 00:31:31 GMT

On Apr 24, 2007, at 12:46 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> On 24/04/07, Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com> wrote:
>>
>> > the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to
>> > enterprise application and remoting services, for distribution at
>> > no charge to the public.
>>
>> A bit generic for a project that is intended to managing an
>> implementation
>> of a well-defined specification?
>>

> I think it's accurate - it doesn't implement the entire EJB spec
> (using other components such as OpenJPA to do so), and it would be in
> scope to do additional, non-EJB things that make it better at the
> purpose stated here.

We could use "Scalable, transactional, and multi-user secure
architecture for the development and deployment of component-based
business applications", but that'd be plagiarism as that's a
minimally paraphrased version the definition of EJB in the JSR.

Generally, I think it's good to use words that describe EJB then the
words Enterprise JavaBeans specifically.  Primarily because I think
it's good to be able to innovate in the space and not limit ourselves
to the ideas approved by the EJB JSR Expert Group.

-David