incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: discussion of release of Apache Wicket 1.3.0-incubating-alpha
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2007 09:41:05 GMT
On Apr 13, 2007, at 9:57 AM, Martijn Dashorst wrote:
> And this is why we asked the IPMC to ratify the distribution package,
> not to release it. Minor language stuff, big consequences.

Ah!

   rat·i·fy       (rāt'ə-fī')  Pronunciation Key
   tr.v.   rat·i·fied, rat·i·fy·ing, rat·i·fies
   To approve and give formal sanction to; confirm. See Synonyms at
approve.

Ok, I can see how this can be interpreted to mean "we want you to say
that we did everything right and *can* release this thing, but that
doesn't mean we're gonna". I interpreted it differently. Perhaps try
and disamgibuate a little bit next time :)

thanks,

Leo