incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Mentors and members (was: Re: Mentors On IPMC [WAS Re: [Vote] RCFproposal (was: [Proposal] RCF - a rich component library for JSF)])
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:46:35 GMT
I'm confused. The Process Description [1] seems to be clear:

The Mentor is automatically made a member of the Incubator PMC, and
reports to both the PMC and the Sponsor about your overall health and
suitability for eventual inclusion within the Apache Community (or
recommendation to terminate).

If there should be a separate vote, there's no mention of it
anywhere. Is this just old information in need of updating? Or is it
the intent that after receiving a Sponsor's request to the Incubator
to accept a candidate, someone on the IPMC starts a vote to accept
the non-Member proposed Mentor(s) as an IPMC member? And then
separately, the IPMC votes to accept the candidate as a podling? The
implication is that if not all proposed Mentors are IPMC members, the
vote to accept the candidate is out of order.

I'll be happy to propose a patch once I understand what it should say.

Thanks,

Craig

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Process_Description.html