incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Dion Gillard" <d...@trongus.com>
Subject Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Petar Tahchiev donation Jakarta Cactus
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:01:47 GMT
On 4/23/07, Petar Tahchiev <paranoiabla.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/23/07, Dion Gillard <dion@trongus.com> wrote:
> >
> > Ok,
> >
> > other than the issue of what the actual grant is, I have some other
> > questions on the IP clearance:
> >
> > - Under Copyright, there's an item to ensure the donation has an ASF
> > copyright. I can't see that anywhere at the svn revision
> > http://mamouth.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mamouth/Cactus at revision
> > 158 when I checked.
> > - I'm a little worried that Vincent's +1 has come without checking or
> > reading the code, see
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg08606.html
> >
> > Martin/Felipe/Vincent?
> >
> > On 4/23/07, Martin van den Bemt <mllist@mvdb.net> wrote:
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > Petar Tahchiev donated a cactus related codebase to Jakarta Cactus.
> > > Registered under
> > >
> > > Petar Tahchiev / Representing Self
> > >   "Cactus Maven2 Build System ...
> > >    http://mamouth.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mamouth/Cactus"
> > >
> > > - The code is not attached to an issue tracker for review to make it
> > possible for Petar to continue
> > > development, awaiting the ip clearance. [1]
> > > - Jakarted voted to accept the codebase. [2]
> > > - The ASF secretary recorded the software grant in grants.txt (under
> > above description)
> > > - The ip clearance form was added to the Incubator site [3]
> > >
> > > Please check the clearance. The clearance passes by lazy concensus if no
> > -1 votes are cast within
> > > the next 72 hours (adjusting timeframe to the discussion that just took
> > place).
> > >

> > > Mvgr,
> > > Martin
> > >
> > > [1] http://mamouth.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mamouth/Cactus
> > > [2]
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg08612.html
> > > [3]
> > http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/jakarta-cactus-tahchiev.html

> > --
> > dIon Gillard
> > Rule #131 of Acquisition: Information is Profit.

> Dion hi,
>
> I was also wondering how to fill in the software grant, so I wrote the
> donation as
> "the Cactus Maven2 Build system and the whole repository strucure on
> http://mamouth.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mamouth/Cactus"
> But you are right, I didn't mention any revision number, and I guess that is
> my mistake :-(.

It's not a mistake, and please don't get me wrong, I'd really like to
get a M2 build system for cactus in place, but we just need to dot the
i's and cross the t's when dealing with legal stuff like code
donations and licensing.

One of the things I don't get is that it *looks like* some of the
stuff in the svn repo at
http://mamouth.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mamouth/Cactus is a
straight copy from the ASF repo. This makes it confusing, i.e. it
looks like you're giving us stuff we already have.

> As to the copyright statement, there is a license included and it is under
> documentation/licenses
> folders.

Cool. I was looking for the usual source headers (
http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers ) and didn't see
them. I don't think including the license file without explicitly
marking the source works. For example, there's no header for
http://mamouth.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mamouth/Cactus/pom.xml

Thanks for all your work, and I hope we can get this resolved quickly :-)