incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Martijn Dashorst" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Ratify the release of Apache Wicket 1.3.0-incubating-alpha
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2007 12:35:40 GMT
Hi Robert, Thanks for taking the time to look at our precious :).
Answers inline.

On 4/7/07, robert burrell donkin <> wrote:
> On 3/30/07, Martijn Dashorst <> wrote:
> <snip>
> questions
some nasty licensing issue. Thanks for catching this. I've created a
high priority issue to resolve it [1]

> niclas already noted the missing headers from threadtest (major due to
> number and copyright)

These will be altered and fixed in a new attempt. Thanks Niclas!

> DISCLAIMER but is missing LICENSE and NOTICE from:
>  * wicket-*-javadoc.jar
>  * wicket-*-sources.jar
> (all artifacts MUST have LICENSE and NOTICE)

I will work with the maven gurus to ask how to fix this.

> minor issues
> ---------------
> src/ looks to me like it's creative enough to need a header

I think it is more of a description on how to get somewhere without
any creativity. Just like you can't copyright the route going from
your house to the shopping mall (turn left, 100m turn right, etc.).
That said, I'll add the header.

> IMHO many of the examples in src/main/java/wicket/examples are
> creative enough to deserve a license header. it's reasonably common
> for people to derive works from examples so licensing is important.

All Java files do have the license header, just not the markup files.
The markup files are also used in the unit tests.

> comments
> ------------
> in general the MANIFEST.MF could be improved: missing the attributes
> recommended by sun. not particularly important (adhering to the
> standard doesn't really do any tangible good) but looks professional
> and easy to do with maven.

Will look into that, but we already provide all necessary stuff in the
pom's, so I'm a bit unsure what extra needs to be done for maven to
put it there.

> i'd recommend creating release notes (but i hope that these are
> missing since this is only an audit release).

Normally we have those as well, containing links to our documentation
etc. Are the release notes part of what is voted on?

> BTW i see the current namespace is do
> you plan to change this upon (sometime)?

Yep, however, we think we should only change this after graduation as
we are still not officially an Apache project :).

Thanks for looking into this and providing us with some solid
feedback. I expect to have a new release available somewhere next week
with all problems solved and questions answered.

Learn Wicket at ApacheCon Europe:
Join the wicket community at ##wicket
Wicket 1.2.5 will keep your server alive. Download Wicket now!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message