incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mentors and members (was: Re: Mentors On IPMC [WAS Re: [Vote] RCFproposal (was: [Proposal] RCF - a rich component library for JSF)])
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 20:09:38 GMT
On 4/9/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> If you can give me some counter examples of why non ASF member mentorship
> is a positive thing, I'd certainly consider those.

It seems inconsistent to me that we would say to someone, yes, you
have earned sufficient merit to serve on the  IPMC, but, no, you have
not earned sufficient merit to be a podling Mentor.

In most cases, the underlying issue would be timing. We accept
podlings and mentors year round. ASF Members we accept only once or
twice a year.

-Ted.