incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [Vote] RCF proposal (was: [Proposal] RCF - a rich component library for JSF)
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 16:52:26 GMT
On Apr 4, 2007, at 9:33 AM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> On Wednesday 04 April 2007 23:58, Craig L Russell wrote:
>> On Apr 3, 2007, at 8:43 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>
>>> AFAIK, you *must* be on the IPMC to be a mentor.
>>
>> Actually, according to Incubator policy [1] it's the other way
>> around.
>> "Upon acceptance by the Incubator PMC, the Podling's Mentor becomes a
>> member of the Incubator PMC (should they not already be one)."
>
> Doh!! Nit-picking are we ;o)

Doh! Nitpicking is one of my specialties.

> I claim complete insanity and temporal lobe confusion since Henning
> writes; "As a mentor", which should read as "As a future mentor" or
> "As a
> mentor candidate"...
>
> Craig, since I know you are a lot into Incubator docs, either tell
> me where to
> fix the 'typo' in that paragraph, or change the pluralis forms to;

Sadly, the paragraph in question is in the Incubator policy page that
is still at [1]. In order to change it, an affirmative VOTE of the
IPMC is required. And it's hard to get a vote through... See [2] and
[3].

> "the Podling's Mentors become members of the Incubator PMC (should
> they not
> already be one)."
> -----------^^^
> Also, can "one" refer to "they" in english?? Should it be "that"
> instead?

I'd say "Upon acceptance by the Incubator PMC, the Podling's Mentors
who are not already members, become members of the Incubator PMC."

This needs to be a bigger change than one paragraph. There used to be
a mentor, but based on recent discussions in the Incubator, at least
three Mentors are recommended. But there's not been a change to the
Incubator policy or guides to reflect this.

So you (or your designate ;-) will need to change a few places in the
Incubator in order to make it consistent. And then file an issue in
JIRA and call a VOTE.

If you're going to be in Amsterdam for ApacheCon, we could get a
quorum of Incubator PMC and get some things done at the Hackathon.
Maybe advertise it as an Incubatorthon?

Regards,

Craig

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html