incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@bea.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] approve release of OpenJPA 0.9.7
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 03:55:00 GMT
>   * OpenJPA includes software developed by the SERP project
>     Copyright (c) 2002-2006, A. Abram White. All rights reserved.
>
> The "All rights reserved." means that it has not been
> properly licensed, and I as the licensee of OpenJPA will have
> no rights to it either.
>
> Clarification, please.

Serp is BSD-licensed. I'm not sure if that answers the clarification,
but seems like it's a useful tidbit. If I understand correctly, the
call-out in LICENSE.txt handles that case sufficiently.

> Also, IIUIC, BEA has contributed a large chunk of code to the
> project, and if so, has there been a software donation or a
> software licensing grant issued to ASF?? If the latter, then
> I think the NOTICE file must retain the information of their
> independent Copyright.

Donation. The paperwork was submitted sometime last summer. Details
should be on file; Geir should know where everything landed.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
BEA Systems, Inc.