incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Graffito update
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:48:32 GMT
Hi,

Forwarding this as a FYI to the general Incubator mailing list. We're
considering retirement of the Graffito project due to lack of activity
even after the restructuring discussions a while ago. I'll have more
on this in the Graffito report in a few days, but any comments already
now are of course welcome.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>
Date: Apr 11, 2007 11:49 AM
Subject: Graffito update
To: graffito-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: general@portals.apache.org

Hi,

[Cc:ing general@portals as the sponsoring PMC of Graffito, please
follow up on graffito-dev]

The time for a Graffito report is again coming up. My thoughts on the
current status:

* JCR Mapping: I unfortunately haven't had as much time as I would
have wanted to push for a release of the JCR Mapping component, but
there's still been activity thanks to Christophe, Felix, and Ruchi. I
still think there's enough activity and interest to move the component
into a Jackrabbit subproject.

* Graffito: The rest of the Graffito project has seen no activity
since the status discussions two months ago.

Based on this I'd be ready to recommend terminating the Graffito
project as dormant once the JCR Mapping component has been moved to
Jackrabbit.

Comments?

BR,

Jukka Zitting