incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <>
Subject Re: [vote] Propose OpenEJB for graduation to a TLP
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 23:57:20 GMT
David Blevins wrote:
>> Couldn't that be "in EJB and related technologies" ??
> Certainly implementing the EJB spec is a constant for the project, so
> that description would be adequate.  It does give me an "ick" feeling
> though as it's very much in the nature of the project to go beyond EJB
> and test the limits of what it means to write enterprise applications in
> any way we can possibly imagine.  It just seems summing that up as "and
> related technologies" just doesn't capture that spirit.  It'd definitely
> be our preference to be able to portray ourselves as more than just EJB.

+1 for keeping that room, but in that case maybe come up with a better
name than OpenEJB? The name is clearly designed to imply certain

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
Founder & Director; Lanka Software Foundation;
Founder, Chairman & CEO; WSO2, Inc.;
Director; Open Source Initiative;
Member; Apache Software Foundation;
Visiting Lecturer; University of Moratuwa;

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message