incubator-general mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Posting release candidate artifacts to incubator repo
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:45:47 GMT
kelvin goodson wrote:
> Robert, thanks for that.  Can I just clarify something please.  I may be
> mistaken but I thought I had understood that the incubator repo is not
> mirrored anywhere.  If this is true one could interpret from your response
> that publishing artifacts that have not yet been approved to the incubator
> repo is a special case.  If so it would mean that the difficulties of
> moving
> artifacts from a staged repo to the real repo would be circumvented.

Regardless of mirroring, an incubator repo implies that it contains
releases made by the incubator PMC. A release candidate as you are
talking about has NOT been made by the IPMC, thus cannot go in that
repo. It should go somewhere private, where you can make it available
just to those who will be voting upon it. Until that vote, it is just a
tarball you happened to make. Once the vote is complete, it is an
artifact that can go into official ASF repositories.

As Robert suggested, creating mini repo in your home directory on
people.a.o is really the best bet.

Regards, Upayavira