incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Adding new committers process
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 17:03:38 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Martin Ritchie wrote:
>
>>Thanks for this discussion. So just to clarify, anyone on the PPMC can
>>request the account/karma setup just the IPMC needs to be CC'd as well
>>as the usual PPMC on the root email.
>
> infra only acknowledges requests from the PMC chair (iPMC chair in this
> case).

huh? The instructions [1] say "The project PMC needs to send an email to
root". It doesn't say the "project PMC chair". Since root can easily
verify pmc members from committee-info.txt [2], I don't see why any
member of the PMC cannot submit the request.

Where the incubator is concerned, it makes an incubator-info.txt [3]
especially helpful, unless PPMC membership is reliably captured
somewhere, which appears to not be the case.

 -jean

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#newcommitter
[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/committee-info.txt
[3] https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/incubator-info.txt