incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <>
Subject Re: Adding new committers process
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 17:03:38 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Martin Ritchie wrote:
>>Thanks for this discussion. So just to clarify, anyone on the PPMC can
>>request the account/karma setup just the IPMC needs to be CC'd as well
>>as the usual PPMC on the root email.
> infra only acknowledges requests from the PMC chair (iPMC chair in this
> case).

huh? The instructions [1] say "The project PMC needs to send an email to
root". It doesn't say the "project PMC chair". Since root can easily
verify pmc members from committee-info.txt [2], I don't see why any
member of the PMC cannot submit the request.

Where the incubator is concerned, it makes an incubator-info.txt [3]
especially helpful, unless PPMC membership is reliably captured
somewhere, which appears to not be the case.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message