incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: discussion of release of Apache Wicket 1.3.0-incubating-alpha
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 17:02:38 GMT
Martijn Dashorst wrote:
> Also, the whole idea of the Incubator is to
> withhold releases from the general public.

Just to clarify - I don't think 'withhold' is a good description.
Release - but with no specific expectation of persistence at the
ASF is probably a better description.  E.g. "here's code" is fine,
"here's a community" would be premature.  Public releases of all
of our incubating projects IS goodness if it attracts more people
to the incubating communities, and increases their chances for a
successful graduation and project lifespan.

Also - folks have turned *another* vote thread into a discussion
thread.  *please* change subject lines, that's why some have started
to ignore your requests to vote :-)  [VOTE] is a thread that requires
an immediate response and should contain the responses.