incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: FtpServer mentor/commiter shortage
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 20:10:01 GMT
It's a problem though, when there is only one committer on the code.
I encourage you to approach both the Tomcat and Jakarta communities to
attract some additional hackers!

We (Incubator PMC) won't permit a release when there are fewer than three
sets of eyeballs on the -code-, because by definition it's neither
collaborative nor scrutinized.  We all need other developers looking
at our code, especially considering all of the 'security issues' in the
FTP protocol in this case.  (I use the phrase security pretty loosely
here, many of the supposed security-related issues are nothing but
implementation and protocol flaws, and their claims to be security related
are in some cases very dubious.)

(FYI - were I a Java fan - I'd be there for you :)  Certainly not biased
towards httpd-mod_ftp v.s. FtpServer - I think it's great that both are
at the ASF.  Strictly my own language-bias.)

Bill