incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject [VOTE][HOTFIX] Approve the release of hotfix-1 for Apache UIMA 2.1.0-incubating
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 15:45:54 GMT
The Apache UIMA community has voted to release
org.apache.uima.desceditor.2.1.0.incubating-hotfix-1.zip .
We would now like to ask the Incubator PMC to
approve this "hotfix" release.

This release consists of 1 zip file containing a replacement for one of the
Eclipse plugins included in the current release, that corrects several
problems
documented in the Jira issue
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-364.
This is a temporary fix until we do our next full release.

This artifact was built from the SVN branch used for the 2.1.0 release,
already out.
It includes no other changes from the main trunk.  Besides the code
changes needed for
Jira issue UIMA-364, the only other changes that were done were

    1) to modify the MANIFEST and Maven "pom" files to give the
    created artifact a new name appending the "hotfix-1" string.

    2) to modify the build for this zip to include the LICENSE,
    DISCLAIMER, and NOTICES
    file that are normally packaged with the top level zip file of the
    whole distribution,

    3) to add a README-HOTFIX-1 file describing how to apply this fix,
    to the zip.

The intent is to put this hot-fix package with the same instructions as
in the README-HOTFIX-1
on our download site, if this is approved.

This is a temporary fix until we do our next full release.

The artifact is located in
http://people.apache.org/~schor/org.apache.uima.desceditor.2.1.0.incubating-hotfix-1.zip;

this is a "binary" deployable object usable by UIMA users directly,
after unzipping into the Eclipse plugins directory.

The release was signed by Marshall I Schor, acting as the release
manager for this hot fix.
His public key is available here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/uima/uimaj/trunk/uimaj-distr/src/main/readme/KEYS

as well as at the MIT public key repository http://pgp.mit.edu/ .
The detached signatures are located here:
http://people.apache.org/~schor/ <http://people.apache.org/%7Eschor/>

The changes for this hotfix are confined to only of one Eclipse Plugin
project;
this project (uimaj-ep-configurator) was tagged in SVN:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-ep-configurator-2.1.0-hotfix-1-RC1/uimaj-ep-configurator

Here is a link to our vote thread on the uima-dev list:
http://www.mail-archive.com/uima-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg02705.html

We've not run the RAT utility because the changes involved only minor
code updates in
one module.  For reference (if needed) the previous reports for version
2.1.0-incubating, along with our
own comments, are posted here:
http://people.apache.org/~alally/uima-2.1.0-incubating/RAT/RAT-src.txt
http://people.apache.org/~alally/uima-2.1.0-incubating/RAT/RAT-bin.txt

The original unedited RAT reports are also posted:
http://people.apache.org/~alally/uima-2.1.0-incubating/RAT/RAT-src-full.txt
http://people.apache.org/~alally/uima-2.1.0-incubating/RAT/RAT-bin-full.txt

We ask that you please vote to approve this "hotfix" release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release of the "hotfix" artifact:
org.apache.uima.desceditor.2.1.0.incubating-hotfix-1.zip
[ ] -1 Recommend against releasing at this time (identify issues you
consider showstoppers)

Thanks!
- The Apache UIMA team