incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Johan Compagner" <>
Subject Re: discussion of release of Apache Wicket 1.3.0-incubating-alpha
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 22:16:09 GMT
> IMHO the current process is fine but needs to be documented better.
> Podlings should be encouraged to release stuff that they think is
> usable outside their small world of developers who check out from svn
> and build from source. The incubator is set up to review and approve
> releases without passing judgement on the usability, just the
> "legality".
> I have a hard time understanding how a podling can consider itself
> ready for graduation without having anything worth sharing, and don't
> understand what the point is of having an audit of anything short of
> a build artifact.

Are you now talking in general or specific also for wicket?
because first we don't have a small world of developers we have plenty of
users already
and we already share because we already have real releases of our code base

So this release is really for making a apache approved  build of wicket that
all the
legal issues are resolved.