incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] approve release of OpenJPA 0.9.7
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 03:01:16 GMT
On Wednesday 25 April 2007 04:02, Michael Dick wrote:
In the NOTICE file we find;

  * OpenJPA includes software developed by the SERP project
    Copyright (c) 2002-2006, A. Abram White. All rights reserved.

The "All rights reserved." means that it has not been properly licensed, and I
as the licensee of OpenJPA will have no rights to it either.

Clarification, please.

Also, IIUIC, BEA has contributed a large chunk of code to the project, and if
so, has there been a software donation or a software licensing grant issued
to ASF?? If the latter, then I think the NOTICE file must retain the
information of their independent Copyright.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er