incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Trademark search for OpenJPA
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 02:49:12 GMT
On Wednesday 25 April 2007 00:09, Craig L Russell wrote:

> I've also looked at the first 180 Google results for OpenJPA and none
> of them are about any topic other than our own Apache project. Sadly,
> there are approximately 101,000 hits and I just don't have time to
> look at all of them.

With

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=openjpa+-site%3Aapache.org+-Apache+-Maven+-site%3Abea.com&btnG=Search

you get a more managable 943 hits. I quick browse and to me it looks pretty
safe. However, bear in mind that it is also possible to protect
against "similar enough" names, e.g. a Windos would probably be struck by MS.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er