incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Mentors and members (was: Re: Mentors On IPMC [WAS Re: [Vote] RCF proposal
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 08:03:44 GMT
On Friday 06 April 2007 12:26, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> > On Friday 06 April 2007 12:03, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> >> Mentors must be on the iPMC, most iPMC members are ASF members (very
> >> rare that it is otherwise,
> >
> > Yes, I have noticed that ;o)
> > But I am one such rare case, so I see the distinction, and since an ASF
> > Member has the right to be member of IPMC, the 'ladder' exist. Now time
> > to define the "Required Level of Mentor" and whether each Mentor has the
> > same requirement or if there is a "Group Requirement" for the mentors.
>
> howso w.r.t. requirements?  What are you meaning here?

Some people has assumed that "One of the Mentors must be an ASF Member", which
means it is a 'group requirement' and not a requirement of each individual
mentor. I have no strong opinion about it, just highlighting the distinction
and a "whether" to say we should address it.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er