incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: OpenEJB as TLP [was;[proposal] OpenEJB Graduation Proposal]
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 09:45:24 GMT
On Tuesday 03 April 2007 17:23, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> I wonder what you meant by 'apparent overlap'.

IIUIC, both Hibernate and Kodo builds EJB3 & (Hibernate|JDO) on top of the JPA
layers in the same product.

> EJB 3.0 spec is made of  two parts - EJB 3.0 Core and JPA. The former is
> what OpenEJB aims for whereas the latter is what OpenJPA takes care of.
> They're complimentary.

Yeah, I kind of know that.

> Moreover OpenEJB CMP 2.1 is laid on OpenJPA, that shows
> our relationship and cooperation. It's not that Apache Geronimo is the
> place they can live together, but it's an excellent RI for their
> promises ;-) In its default distro - Apache Geronimo 2 provides EJB
> 3.0 via OpenEJB 3.0-SNAPSHOT, which in turn provides JPA via OpenJPA
> 0.9.6. I couldn't think of any better relationship and partnership and
> /* whatever */ than it's happening now.

So you are saying that somewhere down the line we could have a "ménage à
trois" TLP constellation of OpenJPA -> OpenEJB -> Geronimo?

Ok, cool... I mostly want to hear that there is a cross-community
communication and collaboration going on, and the ties are in healthy
condition.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer