incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Propose OpenEJB for graduation to a TLP
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 05:23:50 GMT

On Apr 24, 2007, at 7:41 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> On Wednesday 25 April 2007 08:31, David Blevins wrote:
>
>> Generally, I think it's good to use words that describe EJB then the
>> words Enterprise JavaBeans specifically.  Primarily because I think
>> it's good to be able to innovate in the space and not limit ourselves
>> to the ideas approved by the EJB JSR Expert Group.
>
> Couldn't that be "in EJB and related technologies" ??

Certainly implementing the EJB spec is a constant for the project, so
that description would be adequate.  It does give me an "ick" feeling
though as it's very much in the nature of the project to go beyond
EJB and test the limits of what it means to write enterprise
applications in any way we can possibly imagine.  It just seems
summing that up as "and related technologies" just doesn't capture
that spirit.  It'd definitely be our preference to be able to portray
ourselves as more than just EJB.

-David