incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Adding new committers process
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 17:19:57 GMT
On Apr 4, 2007, at 10:03 AM, Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> Martin Ritchie wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for this discussion. So just to clarify, anyone on the
>>> PPMC can
>>> request the account/karma setup just the IPMC needs to be CC'd as
>>> well
>>> as the usual PPMC on the root email.
>>
>> infra only acknowledges requests from the PMC chair (iPMC chair in
>> this
>> case).
>
> huh? The instructions [1] say "The project PMC needs to send an
> email to
> root". It doesn't say the "project PMC chair". Since root can easily
> verify pmc members from committee-info.txt [2], I don't see why any
> member of the PMC cannot submit the request.
>
> Where the incubator is concerned, it makes an incubator-info.txt [3]
> especially helpful, unless PPMC membership is reliably captured
> somewhere, which appears to not be the case.

+1

It's important to me that individuals on the PMC (and PPMC) are
empowered to conduct the business of the PMC (and PPMC) without
arbitrary single-point bottlenecks. A PMC (and PPMC) member should be
able to discuss, propose, manage the vote, monitor the CLA, and send
a request to root to create the account.

Craig