incubator-general mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Killing the incubator m2 repository
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 03:48:53 GMT
"Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com> writes:

> Jukka Zitting wrote:
>> Agreed. Once a release is out the only restrictions we place on it's
>> use and distribution should be the ASLv2.
>
> The Apache License does not give ASF projects carte blanche to
> ignore ASF policy.

But Jukka is right in that we, the ASF, can only restrict the
redistribution by third parties of an incubator release to those
stated in the ASL.  In other words, if someone other than an Apache
project were to load the incubator releases into a maven repository,
I'm not sure what the ASF Incubator could do about it (other than
express disagreement).

--
  jaaron