incubator-general mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New project by committer...
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 05:11:44 GMT
"Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com> writes:

> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>> Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
>> > I would like to start a new project in the incubator.
>> > It will be a from scratch effort, and I have some friends who are
>> > eager to help out.
>> please see http://labs.apache.org/
>
> Apache Labs isn't appropriate for his effort, since it seems that he wants
> to build a new community, which will not be exclusively existing Committers.

Funny, because I would still recommend labs, at least for a
from-scratch effort.  New committers can submit patches and as soon as
Niclas shows he as a decent following, it should be straight forward
to bump it out of labs and into the incubator.

This was partly the whole point of labs... to cut the red tape
necessary for these sorts of things.

--
  jaaron