incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: please keep [VOTE] for [VOTE]s (was: Re: [VOTE] Revised Heraldry commit ACL)
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:53:49 GMT
> Hi,
>
> On 3/28/07, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org> wrote:
> > I really appreciate Robert's comments, but I also see your point.
> > Why not making it a *rule* to change the subject of podling release
> > votes, where things come up, that needs to be fixed.
>
> Isn't that the perfect cause for a -1 vote with an explanation? I
> don't see why that should be taken to a separate thread. If there are
> issues that need to be solved, then the original vote needs to be
> withdrawn and a new one started.

it's difficult. i usually -0 or refuse to cast a vote. i only -1 if
IMO there are genuine legal risks for apache. often i need to ask
questions since it's the provenance that's in questions. (but i will
try to edit the subject in future.)

> A better solution would to encourage the podlings to do better quality
> control already before the IPMC is called to vote on the release.
> Project mentors should IMHO be more active in this, both by educating
> the projects on the release requirements and by reviewing the release
> candidates already before the the IPMC vote is started.

for the first release, perhaps we could arrange an audit rather than a
conventional release vote

- robert