incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Difference between Maven repository and dist directory
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:01:20 GMT

> * Some Apache folks are violating our own rules by pushing
>   these artifacts into our own dist directory (which gets mirrored
>   there).

Guilty. I have personally uploaded Woden jar files. And I see no
reason why I should stop doing so. These are ASL 2.0 licensed files.

> * Ibiblio is accepting Apache artifacts posted by folks other
>   than the originating projects, which seems like a pretty grave
>   security concern.

You may question the Ibiblio policy, but that's how it is, and I see
no reason why I should treat Apache jar files different from, say, Sun
jar files, or whatever.

Jochen

--
Emacs 22 will support MacOS and CygWin. It is not yet decided, whether
these will be used to run Emacs or the other way round.