incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <>
Subject Re: Difference between Maven repository and dist directory
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:01:20 GMT
On 3/16/07, Craig McClanahan <> wrote:

> * Some Apache folks are violating our own rules by pushing
>   these artifacts into our own dist directory (which gets mirrored
>   there).

Guilty. I have personally uploaded Woden jar files. And I see no
reason why I should stop doing so. These are ASL 2.0 licensed files.

> * Ibiblio is accepting Apache artifacts posted by folks other
>   than the originating projects, which seems like a pretty grave
>   security concern.

You may question the Ibiblio policy, but that's how it is, and I see
no reason why I should treat Apache jar files different from, say, Sun
jar files, or whatever.

Emacs 22 will support MacOS and CygWin. It is not yet decided, whether
these will be used to run Emacs or the other way round.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message