incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r516738 - in /incubator/lucene.net/trunk/C#/src: HISTORY.txt Lucene.Net/AssemblyInfo.cs
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2007 04:47:03 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2007, at 10:59 AM, aroush@apache.org wrote:
> > +11Mar07:
> > +	- Release:  Apache Lucene.Net.2.0 build 004 "final"

> George - Again I have to claim being lame on the specifics here, but
> what vote passed a "final" release?

Yes, what vote?  I see a [VOTE] thread starting on 4 March that said
"Lucene.Net community has voted to release Lucene.Net 2.0 build 003
incubating."  And he knew enough to add "I am emailing you to request your
vote for this release."  I looked, and that thread got hijacked (justifiably
so) into a discussion thread of problems related to the release.  I saw zero
+1 votes for releasing build 003, much less anything later.

> I'm currently the only mentor, and George Aroush is the only
> committer on the project.

Who is the Lucene.Net community?  What is being done to help grow it?

> quite understandably I'm struggling to mentor Lucene.Net, a project I
> agreed to mentor purely out of interest in helping the Lucene community

Appreciated.  :-)

	--- Noel