incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [Proposal] RCF - a rich component library for JSF
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:16:08 GMT
Omar Tazi wrote:

> This is a proposal to donate a rich component library for the JavaServer
> Faces technology to the Apache Software Foundation.

Please compare, just for our information, with:

 http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/
 http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/

> Based on a quick Google and a USPTO search there doesn't seem to be
> anything that would cause trouble with the "RCF" name.

Er, what about Eclipse RCF?  Rich Client Framework.  But this relates to the
question I asked above: do we need a separate project and name for multiple
sets of Faces components?  Are we keeping them separate, or eventually just
having a box of parts?

	--- Noel