incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Initial composition of the PPMC
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 04:46:23 GMT
Craig Russell wrote:

> The board resolution to establish a TLP contains the
> initial composition of the PMC.

> But I notice that the initial composition of an incubating Podling
> PMC is not a suggested part of the incubator proposal. No one seems
> responsible for it.

No such thing as a Podling PMC, but I presume that you mean the PPMC.  And
we do have an initial composition.  We've looked at two different
approaches, and I thought that we had agreed on a compromise.  I will have
to check the archives, and if necessary resurrect the vote.

> should we say that the mentors are responsible for establishing the
PPMC?

That's what I had suggested, but we've agreed that the initial PPMC should
be part of the submission and voted upon by the Incubator PMC, along with
the initial committer list, when voting to start Incubation.

> Is there any oversight to this process by the Incubator PMC?
> For example, if the mentors decide not to follow the guideline.

The Mentors are PMC members.  If there are community concerns, they should
be raised to the Incubator PMC directly by anyone who has such.

> 3. Recently, the file committers/board/incubator-info.txt was added.
> Should the process be updated to include the responsibility to post
> the initial ppmc membership to this list?

Yet another copy of redundant meta-data.

	--- Noel