incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Killing the incubator m2 repository
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2007 03:40:23 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> > To me, the Incubator is more and more like a virus, comparable to the
> > GPL. Upon entering, a project has to obey more and more conventions
> > and has lesser and lesser rights.

> Agreed. Once a release is out the only restrictions we place on it's
> use and distribution should be the ASLv2.

The Apache License does not give ASF projects carte blanche to ignore ASF policy.

> once a release is out it's IMHO stupid to artificially limit its distribution.

That is not the goal.  The goal is only to ensure that downstream users are aware of dependencies
on provisional projects.  See one of Dim's messages for how WS and Geromino balance that,
even when using an Incubator artifact internally.

	--- Noel