incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Killing the incubator m2 repository
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:12:26 GMT
Martijn Dashorst wrote:
> > Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> > > My personal opinion is that an "incubator" in the groupId or
> > > artifactId would be more than sufficient to mark the Incubator status
> The version attribute is more appropriate IMO, and what was agreed
> upon in an earlier thread on this list.

As I understand it, so please correct me if I am wrong, if I download a
program that builds using Maven, and it has dependencies in its pom.xml on
Incubator artifiacts, then if Incubator artifacts are conflated with ASF
artifacts, then when I built the program, it will automatically download the
Incubator artifacts from the repository without my being aware of the
dependency.  However, if the Incubator artifacts are segregated into a
separate repository, then Maven will not download them until I, the
downstream user, add that repository to Maven.  Is that correct or
incorrect?

	--- Noel