incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve release of Apache Tuscany SCA Java Kernel 2.0-alpha-incubating
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:02:06 GMT
On Mar 14, 2007, at 3:33 PM, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> On 3/14/07, Jeremy Boynes <jboynes@apache.org> wrote:

>> incubating.zip:

>> > There was. When I uploaded the src archives to the staging area I
>> > left -src out of the name and then started the vote thread with
>> > links in it. Luciano pointed this out but rather than rename the
>> > files and break the links I just hard linked them on the website.
>> > There is no binary distro for the kernel there as it is basically
>> > just a set of libraries - the binary versions are meant to be
>> > distributed through the Maven repo. I will remove the misnamed
>> files.
>> >
>> > The two jars you mentioned are just used during testing and I don't
>> > believe the test actually unpacks them at all. I used "zip -rlq" to
>> > create the zip on OSX so the LF->CRLF conversion may have corrupted
>> > them (but if we don't unpack them during the build that would not
>> > have been caught). I will redo the zip file using export --native-
>> > eol and zip without the -l.
>> >
>> > Sorry for the confusion.
>>
>> I have done this and there is a new version of the kernel source zip
>> here:
>>    http://people.apache.org/~jboynes/kernel-2.0-alpha-incubating/
>> kernel-2.0-alpha-incubating-src.zip
>
> +1
>
> notes and comments
> -------------------------
> (non-binding suggestions and recommendations)
>
> consider including the name of the project (apache-tuscany) within the
> release name. not only is this good geurilla advertising but it also
> gives a measure of legal redress against bogus artifacts with the same
> name.

Thanks. Would there be any issue with just doing that when I move the
distribution artifacts to the final dist location (people.a.o/dist/
incubator at least for now) i.e.
mv kernel-2.0-alpha-incubating-src.zip apache-tuscany-kernel-
alpha-2.0-incubating-src.zip

I can do that this time for those and we can work on the Maven
artifactIds for next time.

Again, thanks for looking this over.
--
Jeremy