incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve release of Apache Tuscany SCA Java Kernel 2.0-alpha-incubating
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 01:53:51 GMT
On Mar 13, 2007, at 3:46 PM, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> the source and binary kernel releases look identical
>
> zip errors in jars unpackaged from kernel-2.0-alpha-incubating.zip:
> * core/src/test/resources/deployables/sample-calculator.jar
> * core/src/test/resources/repository/sample-calculator.jar
>
> has there been some sort of mix up?

There was. When I uploaded the src archives to the staging area I
left -src out of the name and then started the vote thread with links
in it. Luciano pointed this out but rather than rename the files and
break the links I just hard linked them on the website. There is no
binary distro for the kernel there as it is basically just a set of
libraries - the binary versions are meant to be distributed through
the Maven repo. I will remove the misnamed files.

The two jars you mentioned are just used during testing and I don't
believe the test actually unpacks them at all. I used "zip -rlq" to
create the zip on OSX so the LF->CRLF conversion may have corrupted
them (but if we don't unpack them during the build that would not
have been caught). I will redo the zip file using export --native-eol
and zip without the -l.

Sorry for the confusion.
--
Jeremy