incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Leung <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Revised Heraldry commit ACL
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:22:17 GMT

On Mar 26, 2007, at 7:42 AM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Ted,
>
> The list of
>
>  David Recordon (recordond)
>  Johannes Ernst (jernst)
>  Matt Pelletier (mattpelletier)
>
> is a start.  I'll also suggest that they be the core of the revised
> PPMC for
> Heraldry.  However ...
>
>> Other committers to Ruby PIP are:
>>  Dan Quellhorst
>>  Hans Granqvist
>>  Gary Krall
>>  Trotter Cashion
>>  Mike Graves
>
> They aren't on the proposed ACL because of the lack of a response?
> I see

Yes, those folks are not on the ACL because of the lack of a
response.  If people didn't care enough to send a single e-mail
message indicating their interest, then I doubt seriously whether
they will invest the effort needed to get Heraldry running on the
right track.

> Dan Quellhorst eventually replied, and I also see:

I would be fine with adding Dan to the ACL

>  Eugene Eric Kim
>  Michael Mell
>  "Gav..."

None of these people were on the original ACL, which were the
original committers to the project.   These three folks haven't
actually contributed anything to the code that we've got.  If they
are serious about participating, they can do so via the regular
committer process.

> Would you add those four, pending CLAs as necessary?  So a starting
> Community of 7, again pending CLAs.

More like a community of 4.

>> I'm bringing this back to the Incubator PMC for discussion and
>> ultimately,
> a vote.
>
>> I would also point out that I am currently the only mentor for
>> Heraldry, and I'm not willing to continue without some other people
>> jumping in to help.
>
> Looks like Bill Rowe is willing to help.

That still leaves us one mentor short.

I"d like to hear some opinions from the rest of the Incubator PMC.

Ted