incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Should we treat incubator releases differently to normal releases
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:46:42 GMT
Jean

I too am straddling the fence. I also think that the main point is to
have a clear distinction between incubator releases and project
releases.

I do wonder if having a separate repository is generally easier for
systems like http://www.jfrog.org/sites/artifactory/latest/ or
enterprise build managers. I can imagine people wanting to implement
policies around which maven repos they trust and will allow their dev
teams to use.

The -incubating tag probably isn't going to get hard coded into maven
proxies, but something as simple as having a separate repo would fit
easily into the proxy model.

Paul

> Henri Yandell wrote:
> > Two parts to the vote:
> >
> > ONE: Should Incubator tarballs go in the normal place (and thus mirrors).
> >
> > [ ] +1
> > [ ] -1
>
> 0
>
> > TWO: Should there be an Incubator maven repository.
> >
> > [ ] +1
> > [ ] -1
>
> 0
>
> I'm straddling the fence because I can see valid arguments for both sides.
>
> I prefer that the end result be consistent, either
>
> -1 / +1
> OR
> +1 / -1
>
> But whatever the result, I care most that it be clearly documented, and
> I'll help with that.
>
>  -jean
>

> > Vote to last a week. Unless people are bored of replying, or it's a
> > flamefest, or we're too busy pursuing eternal enlightenment and
> > running free in the mountains.
> >
> > Hen

Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle