incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Killing the incubator m2 repository
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:47:59 GMT

> "It's even knowing that you need to add another repo,"
>
> [DIMS] This is by design.

As everyone else is saying, its a silly design. The version/artifactId
clearly as "incubator" in it. People know they're using an incubating
project.

" it's pinging that repo every time you build looking for every other
> artifact"
>
> [DIMS] Please file a maven2 bug report for this.

NOT a bug. You can't just assume that because the jar wasn't there the last
time, it won't be there again. You also can't make any assumptions that one
repo mirrors another. There is NO way around this.

"it's not having any alternative when the people.apache.org is
> inaccessible (and this happens a lot)."
>
> [DIMS] Please raise this as an infrastructure issue. Here am assuming
> you are talking about snapshots. That problem will exist no matter
> what since no one with the right head will publish snapshots to the
> central repo.

Not really. In CXF we don't depend on any SNAPSHOTS and most people in
general tend to shy away from them.

+1 to getting rid of the m2 incubator repository. Its well intentioned, but
ultimately a silly idea.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse