incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Killing the incubator m2 repository
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:22:33 GMT
> 5 extra minutes to add an additional entry in a pom.xml is not going
> to kill anyone. Can you please point me to email queries from end
> users on the podling mailing lists where they say that this was a
> pain? Give me a break!

But it's not just five extra minutes. Please re-read Daniel's
summation. It's even knowing that you need to add another repo, it's
pinging that repo every time you build looking for every other
artifact, it's not having any alternative when the people.apache.org
is inaccessible (and this happens a lot). There's actually much more
impact than five minutes.

The only reason I'm arguing these points if for users. Has there ever
been a situation that necessitated this policy?

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/