incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Killing the incubator m2 repository
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:45:36 GMT
n 3/15/07, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com> wrote:
> #1) This is by design. We don't want to make it easy.

This is what I really don't understand. Why must it be so difficult
for users of the incubating projects?

Daniel's summation of the situation is very accurate. All the separate
repository does is make user's lives more difficult in many ways. IMO,
marking project versions with 'incbuating' is enough. However,
Niclas's suggestion to use a package name of
org.apache.incubator.<project> for incubating projects sounds like a
good one as well.

As I understand it, the Incubator exists for legal purposes and for
projects to learn The Apache Way. Why must the Incubator policies be
so restrictive as to make the download of incubating artifacts so
difficult?

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/