incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Killing the incubator m2 repository
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:10:23 GMT

> * Having a separate maven repository so that things don't go to maven
> central is just a hamstring on the products and yet another repository
> to be concerned with.

I agree - there's no point in placing further hurdles in front of
Incubating projects. It just simply causes users too many problems.

On a side note, just last week I discovered the remoteRepository Maven
system property which allowed me to overcome the hurdle of incubating
artifacts not being placed in the central repo or even the snapshots
repo. The remoteRepository system property is used like so:

$ mvn -DremoteRepository=<url-goes-here>

This allowed me to point directly to the incubating repo in order to
build a project that uses incubating artifacts.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/