incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject please keep [VOTE] for [VOTE]s (was: Re: [VOTE] Revised Heraldry commit ACL)
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:29:27 GMT
Oi!

On Mar 21, 2007, at 6:19 AM, Ted Leung wrote:
> So I'm bringing this back to the Incubator PMC for discussion and
> ultimately, a vote.

I would really appreciate it if we could all try to keep [VOTE] tags
in subject lines restricted to things that actually need a vote (e.g.
yes/no/+1/-1) when the thread is started. I.e. don't slap it on if
there's something not ready for a vote, and remove it when it turns
out that more discussion was needed.

thanks!

- Leo

PS: one reason is that I try and periodically scan mailing lists
where I have binding votes for things that may need a vote, and that
strategy isn't working for general@incubator at all...

PPS: I have a similar problem with all the podling release [VOTE]s.
Often there's something to fix, and that has already been flagged
(more often than not by Robert) by the time I have the time to
investigate.