incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] approve the release of Trinidad's Core (1.0.0-incubating)
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:36:56 GMT
hello robert,
please see comments below;

On 3/19/07, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> major issues
> ==========
>
> bad signatures:
>   trinidad-api-1.0.0-incubating.jar
>   trinidad-impl-1.0.0-incubating.jar.
>
> missing signature:
>  trinidad-api-1.0.0-incubating-tests.jar
>  trinidad-impl-1.0.0-incubating-tests.jar
>
> (if you are going to submit signatures for checking, none should be missing)

strange, since I use maven-gpg-plugin for signing. After I did an
update to version
"1.0-alpha-3" it was also signing the tests JARs, but still .asc.asc :-(.

> trinidad-api-1.0.0-incubating-javadoc.jar is missing LICENSE, NOTICE
> and DISCLAIMER
> trinidad-api-1.0.0-incubating-tests.jar is missing LICENSE, NOTICE and
> DISCLAIMER
> trinidad-impl-1.0.0-incubating-javadoc.jar is missing LICENSE, NOTICE
> and DISCLAIMER
> trinidad-impl-1.0.0-incubating-tests.jar is missing LICENSE, NOTICE
> and DISCLAIMER

an update to the remote-resource-plugin version "1.0-alpha-3" this was fixed.

> trinidad-1.0.0-incubating-example.zip is missing DISCLAIMER

good catch, I forgot to add that DISCLAIMER.txt in the dep.xml of the assembly.
fixed!

> minor issues
> ---------------
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/adffaces/trunk/trinidad/trinidad-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/trinidadinternal/config/upload/UploadRequestWrapper.java
> lacks a license header. this looks like an oversight: is it?

Yes, I fixed it in the TAG and in the trunk (also fixed inside the new
uploaded stuff)

> in the trindad-impl-1.0.0-incubating-sources RAT reveals that there
> are lots of javascript files in META-INF/adf/jsLibs/ and some
> configuration files in META-INF without headers. are these generated?

You are right, those are generated, sort of;
These JS files are obfuscated.
Any big issue with the current format of the obfuscated JS files ?

> comments and notes
> =================
>
> (suggestions not requirements)
>
> http://people.apache.org/~matzew/stage_trin_core/org/apache/myfaces/trinidad/trinidad-api/1.0.0-incubating/
> has some crazy signing of signatures asc.asc

yep, not really sure why, using the maven-gpg-plugin, as mentioned above.

> the pom has it's license stripped out. IIRC this is a maven bug
> (hopefully someone will jump in with more information). anyone know
> when this is likely to be fixed?

sorry, I don't

> remember that jars should be called apache-adfaces-trinidad after
> graduation. this is not only good guerilla advertising but allows
> trademark law to be used against anyone shipping bogus jars.

Ok, I see. Since the plan is to be a subproject of Apache MyFaces, would it be
apache-myfaces-trinidad.jar ?

NOTE, the adffaces is the "old" name, before joining the Apache
Incubator, so I think we should get rid of it.

What do you think on the new files and my comments ?

Thanks for catching those issue; appreciate it!!!

-Matthias

> - robert

Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh