incubator-general mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Should we treat incubator releases differently to normal releases
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:08:04 GMT

On Mar 15, 2007, at 9:23 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:
> Two parts to the vote:
>
> ONE: Should Incubator tarballs go in the normal place (and thus
> mirrors).
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] -1

-1

> TWO: Should there be an Incubator maven repository.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] -1

+0 (who cares about maven? ;)

>  pursuing eternal enlightenment and running free in the mountains.

+1

There are immature projects in the Incubator, and their release
practices are questionable (code quality is pretty much good to great
around here, so no worries there).  We'd be doing a disservice to
Apache for tarnishing its "brand" (nologo anyone?) by in any way
implying that all incubating projects are on the same level of
maturity that our top level projects are (or should be, of course).
An incentive to graduating incubation is to earning the trust of the
community by showing we can follow the guidelines set forth on
licensing, IP, legal verbiage, and so on.  I'm more guilty than most
here for claiming IANAL, but I'm darn glad that there are checks and
balances here and savvy folks to oversee these details.  Important
stuff, folks.

	Erik