incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Luciano Resende" <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject IP question on features being incrementally contributed via JIRA patches
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 21:46:00 GMT
A college student have been participating on the Apache Tuscany project and
is contributing a feature implementation via various patches attached to a
JIRA [1] [2] (BTW, some attachments are huge in size as it had some IDE
binary files that contributed to the size, it's not all source code).

A question was raised on on the Tuscany community on whether or not we need
any special grant from this student. My understanding is that, as long as he
check the "*ASF Granted License" *checkbox, there is no need to do any
special grant as this is the student own code contribution and he owns the
IP over it. Is this the right understanding ?

[1] - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1040
[2] - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1140

--
Luciano Resende