incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve release of SCA specification APIs by Tuscany project
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 01:33:52 GMT
On Mar 15, 2007, at 5:43 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> On Thursday 15 March 2007 20:07, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>> There appears to be a bug in the gpg plugin for mvn. When I did this
>> release I used gpg:sign as a goal on the command line and that
>> consistently generates invalid keys for all except the last artifact
>> (in this case the JavaDoc) even in the local repo. When I did the
>> kernel modules I added a profile to the build which includes gpg:sign
>> and for those all artifacts seem to have valid signatures.
>>
>> Rather than resign the deployed artifacts (just in case there is
>> something squiffy going on), I'll pull them down, add a profile to
>> the pom and then redeploy them.
>
> I don't think there's a way to get the gpg:sign stuff to work
> outside of
> a profile and have it install/deploy correctly.  You MIGHT be able to
> get it to work on the command line via:
>
> mvn verify gpg:sign install:install deploy:deploy
>
> Basically, gpg:sign will sign the artifacts that are attached to the
> lifecycle at the point in the lifecycle that it runs.  (default is
> verify phase)    install/deploy then deploys those things.
>
> It you tried it with:
> mvn package gpg:sign deploy
> that won't work.   The "package" will run a lifecycle up to
> package, then
> run gpg:sign signing those artifacts, but the deploy would then start
> another complete lifecycle which would rebuild the jars causing the
> signature to be invalid. The pom doesn't change in the second build
> which is why that sig is OK.
>
> I'll try and update the gpg docs tomorrow.

This seems counter-intuitive - is there some reason why mvn can't
merge goals into one lifecycle (specifically when the plugin is just
attaching and not forking another one)? Guess this discussion should
be moved to dev@maven :-)

BTW the sig on the POM is also borked but that might be because the
pom is being regenerated.
--
Jeremy